Monday, January 27, 2020

Week 83: Illusion of Ipoh

This week was super crazy, but absolutely wonderful!

On Wednesday, we flew down to Singapore for Zone Conference, and we stayed until Saturday. 

On Wednesday night after Zone Conference my Companion and I ran to go get Dinner (hot pot) with the Nie Family, some Recent Converts from the 2nd Ward. It was so fun to see them, my heart exploded When I saw them. Plus, they gave me a Book of Chinese idioms and a hongbao with S$20. They are too sweet! But, because We ran off, I forgot to Grab my suitcase from the church and Bring it to where we were staying that night, so I didn't have any of my stuff. 

Needless to say I showed up to the church on Thursday totally blind, wearing an Old Shirt with hot pot stains on it and I hadn't shaved. So Before Zone Conference started I put in contacts and shaved in the Mission office, but I still had to do my training in a messy Shirt.

On Friday I went on exchanges with one of the new missionaries and we were assigned to the 2nd Ward, so I went around and met with some Recent Converts. It was so fun! I saw Henrie, Anna and Junyi, and also Jimmy. I also got to go back to Chinatown, and When I was there I had such a feeling of nostalgia. I miss that Place like my home! 

Saturday morning we woke up at 4am to catch our flight to KL and our bus didn't get into Ipoh until around 8:30pm. It was a long Travel day! 

This week is Chinese New Year, so everyone is giving out these little red envelopes full of money. So far I have gotten like 120 ringgit, it is kinda nice! 

Our people Being Taught are doing well, they are all progressing Slowly. almost everyone leaves Ipoh for Chinese New Year, so we are going to focus on Strengthening our members a lot this upcoming week.

What made this week extra extra special was that I got to see some of the fruit of my labors in Singapore. It was so fun to see all of the people I taught and see how they are doing. A lot of times it is hard to see in the moment why what we are doing matters, but there is always a reason.

Love you all! Have a good week! 

Pictures:

1. Our branch's Chinese New Year Activity (we were still on the bus and did not attend).
2. Us with the Nie Family. 
3. Us with someone I used to teach in Singapore! 
4. We found this next to our house. Cat Perhaps? 
5. A cool castle we went to explore.
6. Us with Jimmy! 
7. Elders Quorum! 
8. Us with Brother Paneer and his family. 











No comments:

Post a Comment