Thursday, January 16, 2020

Week 81: Illusion of Ipoh

Hello everyone! This was a good week!

Elder Blackwelder is getting transferred to Miri, and Elder Arnold is coming to Ipoh. He is going to be the District Leader, and Elder Lunt who got transferred to Penang is going to be the second Zone Leader. Wow, change is always scary but exciting!

This was a good week for sure, the whole transfer just feels like it absolutely flew by! We had a fun Zone challenge on Friday, and so we tried to teach as many people as we could. We talked to this one guy who was walking on the road, taught him while we walked to a Restaurant, bought him a drink and then prayed with him haha. That was pretty exciting! 

Other than that, it was a pretty normal week lah. Elder Blackwelder got his toe Chopped, we continued to meet with the people We are teaching, and yeah like that. 

Gordan is doing good! He slept in so he didn't come to church, but that was a blessing in disguise because church was kinda  mess. William is doing good also! 

We saw a huge beowak (monitor lizard) this week that must have been at least 5 feet long crawling underneath us in the sewers.

Sorry this is such a boring email. I have been trying to hard to think of cool things that happened but there isn't a ton, just kinda same Old same Old. I am loving life and I am continuing to grow and become stronger every day. 

Hey Mom! I loved your email, some parts of it made me totally crack up and other parts rang very true. Missions sure are crazy, but they are fun too. One day When they end, all the bad things will end, but the good things will end too.

A lot of the members here also sing kinda badly haha, it always makes me laugh. Plus, we always sing weird songs that I haven't really sang Before. 

Overall, this was a good week. We started meeting with this guy who is pretty Strong Hindu and he shared a lot about his views of God, which helped me to deepen my views or God. I really don't see God how I used to Before my mission. Before my mission, I think I saw him as very distant and all powerful, and now I see Him as someone who is a lot more like us...I'm sure He has hard days and feels down. And that is cool, because that means He is so much more like us than I used to think. 

I love you all so much! I hope you have a great week ahead! 

Best, 
Elder Weatherford 

Pictures:
1. Us with Herbert. 
2. Us with a nice guy named Harry who we started teaching. 
3. David (someone I taught a year ago) came to church! He makes us look like giants. 
4. Us with Nemo, another person we are teaching. 
5. Ice cream! 
6. Us pressing iron with William, Kain, and Sam. 
7. Us with Sam. 
8. Us with a nice Tamil family we are teaching. 
9. Ruth, a cool guy from India we started to teach. 
10. Durian, the king of all fruits. 
11. Us at Korean Barbecue with the Yaps (you can see the anticipation in my eyes). 














No comments:

Post a Comment