Monday, January 6, 2020

Week 80: Illusion of Ipoh

This week was good, it was just a pretty average week here in Ipoh! As usual, time is flying by.

On Wednesday of this week Elder Blackwelder and I had Missionary Leadership Council, so we skyped in to Singapore and had a meeting on how we can help the Mission and we set some goals for the new year. It is crazy to me that I won't be here to see the end of the year as a Missionary like I have the past few years.

Other than that nothing too extraordinary happened this week. We went and finished painting some of our Returning members' gate, went and said Prayers for this adorable 4 year Old Tamil kid who kept speaking to me in Tamil as if I understood everything he was saying, and we visited a Recent Convert who had chicken pox and so Before We went in the house we had to Clean out feet with this special kind of tea leaf. Malaysia is crazy. 

Ipoh is getting a senior couple this week, which is so cool! Elder Blackwelder and I think it will help to solve a lot of the weird issues that are going on in this branch...we have been Spending lots of time Planning out everything for the senior couple and how we can best use them.

Gordan was in Penang for a lot of this week but is back now and doing good! He had some presentation on Sunday so he couldn't come to church but he is as solid as ever. William is also doing really well, he and his girlfriend were at church on Sunday.

Overall, things are really good! Transfers are next week and I am quite sure I will stay in Ipoh, and Elder Blackwelder will probably go. Who knows who the new guy will be? I think that I might stay in Ipoh for the rest of my mission, or I might go somewhere else. I am not too sure.

I love you all so much! I hope you had a great New Years celebration and set some nice resolutions for the year. Goals are wonderful, but one of the best goals we can set is to get closer to Heavenly Father. Have a great week ahead!

P.S. A guy I was teaching in Ipoh last year just got baptized in Utah and reached out to us. It is pretty cool how everything works out huh? 

Pictures:

1. Our New pet. 
2. Buntong, a predominantly Tamil section of Ipoh that has stunning mountains. 
3. Our Second New pet.
4. Us with some nice guys we met this week. 
5. Us with Brother and Sister Loh, having just finished painting their gate. 
6. A nice Tamil family we prayed with this week, who had an adorable 4-year-old son. 








No comments:

Post a Comment